Whether you are celebrating Hanukkah or Christmas, or just enjoying the festive time of year, tis’ the season to be jolly with family, friends and loved ones. And there’s no better way to embrace the holiday spirit than a festive cocktail featuring fresh, seasonal ingredients!
But before you whip up a batch of spiked eggnog, the NY & NJ car accident attorneys at Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman would like to remind everyone to drink responsibly this holiday season. If you are hosting a party, please encourage guests to use a designated driver, taxi or other type of car service.
These next few weeks are a social time of the year, with family get-togethers, office parties and holiday events. Let’s all do our part to keep the season safe and joyful – please don’t drink and drive, and keep others who’ve had too much off the roads.
Festive holiday cocktails
Liven up your holiday gatherings with these delicious drink recipes.
Sweet Candy Cane Cocktail
This minty holiday cocktail promises to wow your guests. Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice, shake and pour into a martini glass. Garnish with a mini candy cane.
- 1 shot glass of vanilla vodka
- 1 shot peppermint schnapps (or 1/2 shot goldenshlapper cinnamon for less punch)
- 1 shot white chocolate liqueur like Godiva
Apple Brandy Sazerac
Made with real maple syrup, this warming cocktail embraces winter time flavors. Mix ingredients with a few ice cubes, strain and serve in an old-fashioned glass. (optional twist of lemon)
- 2 ounces premium apple brandy
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 2 dashes of Peychaud’s bitters
This boozy, dessert-style drink will quickly become a holiday staple! It even appeals to those who don’t like eggnog! Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix on medium until smooth. Pour into 4 martini glasses, rimmed with cane sugar, and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- 2 cups chilled eggnog
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1 /2 cup brandy
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ cup of vanilla ice cream (or Cool Whip)
- 4 cinnamon sticks for garnish
- of course white sugar or cane sugar
This bubbly cocktail adds a touch of elegance to any party. Take your sparkling wine to the next level with this recipe:
- Splash of Angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup or 1 sugar cube
- 4 ounces of champagne
Both sweet and sour, the Washington Apple can be served in a martini glass or on the rocks and is super easy to mix up. Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice, shake and pour into a chilled glass. Serve with a garnish of sliced red apple.
- 1 ounce of Canadian whiskey (Crown Royal)
- 1 ounce of cranberry juice
- 1 ounce of sour apple schnapps
- Apple slice
Enjoy safe celebrations in Rockland County and Bergen County
As we ring in the holiday season with cheery celebrations, we remind individuals in our communities to party smart and avoid becoming another statistic. Our DUI accident lawyers offer legal services to residents throughout Rockland County, NY and Bergen County, NJ. In the wake of an accident, we invite you to reach out to KGG for a free case evaluation.
- ThirstyMag.com, 25 BEST HOLIDAY COCKTAILS TO ENJOY THIS SEASON https://thirstymag.com/the-25-best-holiday-cocktails-in-l-a-to-enjoy-this-season/
- FoodNetwork, Holiday Cocktail & Drink Recipe Ideas http://www.foodnetwork.com/holidays-and-parties/packages/holidays/holiday-central-cocktails/12-days-of-holiday-cocktails
- Esquire,13 Best Winter Cocktails to Get You Through the Cold http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/drinks/g385/winter-cocktails/