Estate Lawyers Serving New York and New Jersey Since 1975
It is never too soon to start addressing your estate planning. Having a properly prepared estate plan is important to protect yourself and your loved ones, and can offer an individual peace of mind to know that their affairs are in order. The skilled estate lawyers at Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman, P.C. can help with all aspects of estate planning.
Whether your estate is large or modest, a well prepared estate plan is a gift to your family and loved ones. An unplanned or poorly planned estate can take a terrible toll on those for whom you have the most concern. That toll may involve unnecessary taxes or avoidable litigation.
Why Do I Need an Estate Plan?
- Disinheritance of a child
- Unequal treatment of a member of a class
- Reliance on verbal agreements such as promises not included in the will
- Marital separation without divorce
- Second marriage lacking a prenuptial agreement
- Unmarried couples
- Substantial gifts to charity or other non-family members.
We educate you to the building blocks of any strong estate plan, update you on the process of our documentation and always stay available to honestly address your questions and concerns.
What Does a Solid Estate Plan Include?
The specific documents which will constitute your estate plan depend largely on your individual circumstances. KGG attorneys have been skillfully preparing estate plans tailored to fit each client’s needs for nearly four decades.
Dependable estate planning tools that can benefit your family’s future financial security include:
- Testamentary wills and codicils (amendments to wills)
- Durable powers of attorney
- Advance health care directives and living wills
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Other types of trusts, including bypass, credit shelter, charitable, life insurance, special needs trusts, supplemental needs trusts and AB trusts
- Family limited partnerships
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Estate tax strategies
- Probate litigation avoidance
- Asset protection
What Can an Estate Planning Attorney Do for Me?
We invite you to visit our conveniently located law offices within our New York & New Jersey communities. You can count on us for large-firm, full-service, quality estate planning work that will help to ensure your family’s future.
Contact KGG for a candid, confidential consultation about your important estate planning goals. Call us at (800) 711-5258 or fill out our online contact form. If you need an evening appointment, we can make one available to you. Messages left with us after business hours are promptly returned.