Our Injury Attorneys’ Proven Experience In NY and NJ
The personal injury attorneys of Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman P.C. have assisted victims of personal injury for more than 30 years. Here are some injured clients who came to us for help and received compensation for their damages and losses.
A 50-year-old woman went in for a routine colonoscopy and complained of pain and nausea post procedure. The same-day surgery center in a major hospital discharged her with limited instructions. She became very ill during the night, called an ambulance and returned to the hospital. She sustained a perforated colon during the procedure, and although a perforation is a risk of any colonoscopy procedure, KGG argued that the hospital was negligent in not recognizing the post procedure symptoms. By discharging her, the hospital delayed her healthy recovery.
A Bergen County jury sided with the injured woman and awarded significant financial compensation based on the argument by Barry Kantrowitz that the woman could have avoided her pain, suffering and emotional distress if the hospital staff had properly recognized the patient’s symptoms before sending her home.
Surgical Error Case
Wrongful death Case
KGG represented the parents of a young man who died when his truck collided with an ambulance. The police report had the young man driving and highly intoxicated, but the parents insisted that the girlfriend was driving and that their son was the passenger. The car accident ejected both passengers from the vehicle, and the surviving girlfriend denied she was driving.
Barry Kantrowitz tried this case before an Orange County jury and presented expert testimony to show that the deceased could not have sustained his injuries if he was driving. The jury concluded that the girlfriend was the actual driver, despite her denials. The parents were thrilled to see their son exonerated from liability, and they were grateful for the compensation they received.
An employee at a large home improvement store sustained serious injuries when a lumber cart he was using to assist a customer tipped over and crushed his ankle. Although the employee received workers’ compensation benefits and could not pursue a work injury claim against his employer, KGG sued the cart manufacturer based upon the cart’s defective design. After extensive discovery proceedings, KGG uncovered several other similar accidents across the country involving the same type of cart. During mediation, we produced substantial evidence that the manufacturer knew about this cart’s likelihood to tip over. We settled the matter for a substantial sum without entering a courtroom.
General Personal Injury Accident Representation
KGG regularly represents individuals injured as the result of auto accidents, slips trips and falls, medical malpractice, construction accidents or dangerous products. Examples of Personal Injury recoveries are listed below:
Examples of Personal Injury Settlements, Verdicts and Recoveries
- $9.2 million jury verdict for the families of two teens killed at a construction site.
- $1,038,000 jury verdict for a man who fell down an interior stairway in a private home.
- $836,000 settlement for a motorcyclist hit by a car.
- $826,000 jury verdict for woman who fell on a broken curb in an apartment complex. There was no pre-trial offer and only a $200,000 offer after a 90% liability verdict.
- $1.1 million recovery against an obstetrician and hospital for failing to perform a timely cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress.
- Medical malpractice settlement in excess of $700,000 for woman injured in a surgical procedure.
- Structured settlement including payments of more than $1 million for a pedestrian struck by a delivery van on a sidewalk.
- Structured settlement involving lifetime payments in excess of $1 million to a worker injured when he fell 15 feet from a ladder while performing a repair.
- Settlement in excess of $500,000 for driver in a two-car collision.
- $428,000 settlement for a construction worker’s ankle injury.
- Jury verdict of $180,000 against hospital for improper surgical aftercare.
- $90,000 pre-trial settlement for a pedestrian who slipped and fell on snow and ice.
- $15,000 settlement for a woman who was wrongfully detained for approximately 20 minutes by a department store security clerk who thought she was shoplifting.
- $97,500 pre-trial settlement for a woman who slipped and fell on a slippery floor at Macys.
- $300,000 pre-trial settlement for a man who fell on a wooden deck at a residential home.
- Jury verdict of $365,000 for a woman who sustained back injuries in a 3 car auto accident.
- Jury verdict of $55,000 for a woman who slipped and fell on a wet floor in a supermarket.
It is important to note that every case is unique and must be evaluated on its own facts and circumstances. The recoveries set forth above are for informational purposes only. We cannot promise a similar result for your claim.
To find out if we can help you seek justice for your catastrophic injury, contact our office today. We serve clients through Rockland and Bergen Counties in New York and New Jersey. We offer free consultations to victims of personal injury. Call (800) 711-5258 toll free today.