If you’re injured in a hit and run accident and the driver of the other vehicle cannot be located, you generally have provisions under your own auto insurance policy that provide for uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. If you don’t have your own auto insurance, there are public agencies, government agencies, MVAIC and PLIGA, MVAIC in New York, PLIGA in New Jersey, that provide coverage for uninsured individuals in such circumstances.

Back to the video FAQ list