Can my child’s father be ordered to pay for my child’s college education?

This is an interesting question and changes state by state. In New York and New Jersey, the answer is certainly yes. In New York, as a general rule, a child is emancipated at age 21 unless sooner emancipated. In New Jersey, a child is not emancipated until they turn 23 for educational purposes, but both in New York and New Jersey, selections can be made that will enable you to force the support of your child by your spouse. This is an important question that you should specifically discuss with a lawyer because that answer changes state by state.

Back to the video FAQ list

Let Us Review Your Case

Speak with an experienced attorney that can get you the compensation you deserve. Your call is confidential.

For Immediate Service, Call 800-711-5258