Child support can be modified, but it can only be modified as of the date you file a petition. If you are entitled to a modification and you wait six months to file the application to ask for the modification, you will not get retroactive relief. However, if you file a petition and ask for a modification and the modification does not happen for six months, it will be retroactive to the date you filed that petition.

Back to the video FAQ list