The short answer is no. When you have an obligation to your children that is set, you cannot subsequently change your circumstances intentionally and expect your prior spouse or your prior children to foot part of the bill. If you suffered economic reversals, you may be able to get a downward modification of child support. However, if your actions are what caused you to be placed in financial stress, the court is not going to grant you relief.

Back to the video FAQ list