John Cryer’s Ex-Wife Seeking $88,000 Per Month In Child Support

By Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman, P.C.Family Law Attorney

According to the New York Daily News, actor Jon Cryer’s ex-wife is asking for $88,000 per month in child support payments.

Cryer, the star of the CBS show “Two and a Half Men” reportedly agreed to give ex-wife Sarah Trigger 50 percent custody of the former couple’s 13-year-old child in June. Trigger, a British actor, claims that Cryer makes $2 million per month, according to the Daily News.

The teen reportedly goes to the “prestigious Buckley School in Sherman Oaks along with the silver spoon-sucking scions of Hollywood’s wealthiest families.” In court documents, Trigger reportedly said that Buckley students go on “exotic vacations in the summer and winter (to destinations) like Europe and Thailand.”

“The child needs to be able to compete with his peers 100 percent of the time, and that means mom being able to afford to buy the things his peers receive,” Trigger’s lawyer told the Daily News. “I don’t think it’s really healthy for there to be such a disparity. This is really about the child’s best interest.”

Previously, Cryer was paying Trigger $8,000 per month in child support payments. In extremely high-income situations, judges have more discretion in ordering child support payments. In cases where a parent is a high-income earner, child support can end up being a sizeable payment, which may seem unfair on the surface, but completely understandable when a person’s substantial wages are taken into account.

It should be noted that if a person feels like his or her child support payments are too high, he or she can speak with our attorneys to see about child support modification and whether it may be a legal option.

Talk to our child support lawyers if you are experiencing issues over payments. Our attorneys have almost four decades of experience in family law negotiations—let our firm arrange your initial consultation. Call us today at (800) 711-5258.

Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman, P.C. – Bergen County Divorce Attorneys

Previous Post Next Post