Divorce: What Should I Do When My Spouse Does Not Respond?

By Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman, P.C.Family Law Attorney

Our attorneys often see divorce cases where parties are unwilling to cooperate or are not responsive to legal paperwork. divorce

As such, there are legal remedies to these situations. In some cases, you can seek a divorce without another person’s participation by filing for a Request to Enter a Default. When this occurs, a court will notify a person that he or she needs to make an appearance or respond.

Additionally, it should be noted that another person does not always have to respond to a party’s request. Often, you hear legal documents described as “divorce papers” and how one party is not signing these papers. The so-called papers could literally be a number of things, including a settlement agreement, which no party is legally obligated to respond to or sign.

This is why it is important to have quality legal representation during a divorce. You could be served with paperwork that is difficult to understand—you need to make sure that you receive excellent guidance during this process.

Keep in mind, our skilled lawyers can often negotiate a settlement or agreement that may be beneficial to both parties, enticing another party to be more cooperative.

Recently, CBS News reported that realty star Khloe Kardashian is still waiting for her husband, former NBA star Lamar Odom, to respond to her initial divorce filing, which occurred more than 10 months ago.

Sources said that Kardashian has a few legal options, including entering a Request to Enter a Default.

How Can I Contact the Divorce Attorneys at KGG?

Divorces can be incredibly stressful. Let our firm handle your case with compassion. Attorney Paul Goldhamer has four decades of experience litigating family law cases. He will safeguard your interests in divorce matters.

Let our firm arrange your initial consultation. Call our family lawyers today at (800) 711-5258.

Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman, P.C. – Divorce Attorneys

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lamar-odom-wont-sign-khloe-kardashian-divorce-papers/

Previous Post Next Post