NISSAN Timing Chain Defect Matter
The firm is currently litigating a putative class action involving a potential defect in the timing chain tensioning systems, including the primary timing chain tensioner, primary timing chain guide, secondary timing chain tensioners, and secondary timing chain tensioner shoes (the “Timing Chain Tensioning System”) installed in the following Nissan vehicle models:
- 2004-2006 Nissan Altima vehicles (with the VQ35 engine)
- 2004-2009 Nissan Quest vehicles
- 2004-2008 Nissan Maxima vehicles
- 2005-2010 Nissan Frontier vehicles (with the VQ40 engine)
- 2005-2010 Nissan Xterra vehicles
- 2005-2010 Nissan Pathfinder vehicles (the “Class Vehicles”)
This defect, when it manifests, in turn may cause extensive damage to the Class Vehicles leading to ultimate destruction of engine parts. The suit alleges Timing Chain Tensioning System is prone to premature failure before the end of the useful life of the vehicles and well before consumers reasonably expect any such failure to occur.
If you have any interest in speaking with the attorney at the firm about this matter, please contact class action attorney Gary S. Graifman, Esq., Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman, P.C., 747 Chestnut Ridge Road – Suite 200, Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977 via telephone: (800) 711-5258, fax: (845) 356-4335, or email [email protected].