Not Getting Minimum Wage or Overtime Pay?

Employment Lawyers Enforce the Fair Labor Standards Act

Photo of a tax return

At Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman, P.C., our experienced employment attorneys represent workers in New York and New Jersey. We can pursue individual and employee collective actions against employers that have violated the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).

If you have not been fairly compensated for the hours you have worked, you may be able to file suit against your employer. Whether you were paid less than minimum wage, denied overtime pay or breaks at work your employer may be held accountable.

What are the Minimum Wage and Overtime Laws?

The FLSA is a federal law mandating minimum wage and overtime standards for full-time and part-time workers in both the private and public sectors. If an employer violates the law under the FLSA, we can file a collective action on behalf of the employees. In addition, we can file suits against employers that have violated state wage and hour laws.

In most circumstances, employees must be paid for all hours they work. If they are nonexempt employees, they must be paid overtime for hours that exceed 40 per week. There are also laws governing minimum wage requirements. In most circumstances, you must be paid at least minimum wage for the hours you work.

Additional wage and hour complaints can involve:

  • Employees forced to do unpaid off-the-clock work
  • Deductions for tips that make the pay less than minimum wage
  • Commissioned employees who are not paid at least minimum wage for hours they worked

Just because your complaint or other labor and employment law concern is not governed under FLSA does not mean that you do not have a valid claim. An initial consultation with one of our experienced attorneys will allow us to review your case and give you our honest assessment and to advise you on how to proceed.

Did Your Employer Deny Minimum Wage or Overtime Pay?

Contact the KGG employment lawyers today for FLSA knowledgeable, quality, large-firm representation within your community. To learn more about how the firm can assist you, please call (800) 711-5258 to schedule an appointment at our Rockland County, NY or Bergen County, NJ offices. Messages left after business hours are returned promptly.

Let Us Review Your Case

Speak with an experienced attorney that can get you the compensation you deserve. Your call is confidential.

For Immediate Service, Call 800-711-5258