Auto Accident Attorneys
The auto accident attorneys at Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman P.C. have decades of experience in handling auto accidents. It is our goal to obtain the best possible results for you in every capacity — including maximum compensation under the law. Call us if you or a loved one has suffered injury or other losses in a:
- Car accident
- Truck accident
- Motorcycle accident
- DWI accident
- Texting while driving accident
- Distracted driving accident
- Work-related car accident
- Uninsured driver accident
In recent years, auto accidents have been increasing in the U.S. Auto accidents can lead to severe injuries including head injuries, brain injuries, leg injuries, bone fractures and even death. An experienced auto accident attorney will be able to effectively assist you in filing claims for your injuries.
Auto Accident Statistics in U.S.
- According to statistics of traffic fatality, nearly 32,675 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2014.
- In 2013, nearly 32,719 fatalities have occurred.
- According to NHTSA, in 2013, there was an average of $3,231 auto liability claims for property damage and $15,443 auto liability claims for bodily injuries.
- According to NHTSA, average collision claim in 2013 was $3,144.
- According to NHTSA, 10,076 people were killed in alcohol related crashes in 2013.
- According to NHTSA, 9,613 people lost their lives due to speeding related accidents.
- In 2013, 3,154 people were killed in distraction driving crashes, and 424,000 people were injured according to NHTSA.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
The common causes of auto accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Common types of distractions that result in auto accidents include eating, reaching for objects in the vehicle, use of cell phone
- Speeding: Speeding increases the risk of an accident and makes the impact more severe in crashes.
- Drunk driving: Drunk driving has been a leading cause of auto accidents. Driving under the influence can increase the risk of a crash.
- Drowsy driving: Drowsy driving also leads to auto accidents.
- Night Driving: Night driving increases the risk of auto accidents.
- Weather conditions: Auto accidents also occur due to bad weather conditions.
Injured in an Auto Accident? Call Us at (800) 711-5258
The attorneys at Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman, P.C., have decades of experience, extensive professional accolades and a reputation for favorable results. We offer honest answers to your questions and realistic assessments of your chances for success. Our service locations include Rockland County, Orange County, Nanuet, Nyack and New City in NY and Bergen County and Park Ridge in NJ.
Call us at (800) 711-5258/ (845) 459-0001/ (201) 690-7735 for a consultation with one of our auto accident attorneys.